Dan Clarke has admitted that he just wants to 'move on' from the incident that saw him suspended from the Champ Car Grand prix of Belgium on the opening day at Zolder.

The Briton's role in causing a four-car incident on the opening lap of first practice proved to be one too far for race director Tony Cotman, who decided to invoke the probation order that Clarke had been running under since San Jose and bar him from the remainder of the meeting.

With no recourse to appeal Cotman's decision, Clarke had little option but to pack away his kit, although he remained at Zolder to fulfil mandatory PR obligations.

"My only reaction is to focus on the bigger picture - the four races after this, the championship, next year and my career in Champ Car," Clarke told Crash.net, "I stand by Tony and his decisions because I think we share the bigger picture and, for a while, he has always acknowledged the potential we have, so I stand by anything he decides.

"As far as today goes, I don't really have anything else to say about it. I'm just moving forward and trying to take positives out of this weekend now and look forward to Assen next week."

Although his participation at Assen is far from assured - Cotman has said that he will make a call on that next Friday - Clarke remained optimistic that he would be allowed to drive.

"I certainly hope to be," he continued, "but, other than that, I really don't have anything else to say."

The vow of silence held firm when asked whether he considered his start to the Zolder meeting 'rash', particularly considering his probation.

"I don't have anything to say about today," he insisted.