Welshman Tom Harvey strengthened his grip on the 2010 Super One Cadet Comer title with a dominant performance at the stunning Rowrah circuit in Cumbria.

Fresh from a commanding double final win in the previous round of the championship at the Nutts Corner circuit in Ireland Harvey increased his championship lead courtesy of two more final triumphs in the fourth round of the seven round series.

After being pipped to pole position by Ross Gunn in timed qualifying Harvey won both his heat races to take pole position for the first final, which he led from start to finish despite the close attentions of his Fusion teammate Nathan Aston and Gunn.

Thanks to his first final win Harvey had pole for the second 18-lap final although on this occasion he didn't have things all his own way as he had to fight off the attentions of the persistent Gunn and the newly crowned O-Plate winner Lando Norris.

Both Gunn and Norris had a brief turn at the front of the field but on each occasion Harvey was able to retake the lead, which was fortunate considering that as the race neared its conclusion things got somewhat hairy behind him.

Gunn and Norris both slipped back in the closing stages, allowing Connor Jupp to grab second place but despite Jupp's best efforts Harvey won a drag race to the line, taking the chequered flag just six hundredths ahead of his arch rival.

In a frantic last lap Callum Ilott snatched third from Aston, who also fell behind Philip Rawson. However Aston was later excluded from the final, which promoted Gunn to fifth, Norris to sixth and American driver Santino Ferrucci to seventh.

With four straight final wins under his belt Harvey now leads the championship standings by 36 points from Norris with three rounds (six finals) to go. Max Vaughan, who took finishes of 12th and 17th in the two finals at Rowrah, is still third in the standings after winning the first three finals of the year but has now slipped more than 40 points behind Harvey.



Loading Comments...