Steve Hislop powered to a fourth winning double in the ninth round of the British Superbike Championship at Cadwell Park to extend his lead to 20 points ahead of John Reynolds who took third and second place finishes in front of a 33,500 crowd at the Lincolnshire circuit.

Hislop, riding the MonsterMob Ducati, had arrived at the demanding, undulating 2.173 mile circuit at his most determined having had his lead slashed to six points in the previous round - the 39-year-old Scot signalled his intentions by taking half-a-second off the lap record to claim his fifth pole start of the campaign.

He matched that pace in the two 17-lap races, in the first making the perfect getaway but with Reynolds in hot pursuit, and closing on him till his Red Bull Ducati hit tyre problems after six frantic laps: "I had a slide powering out of Park and then was going all over the place - it was a case of trying to hang on and make the best of a bad job."

Reynolds had to be content with third place as James Haydon, riding the Virgin Mobile Aiwa Yamaha, dived brilliantly through on the inside on the final lap. "I'll have to buy James a pint for getting ahead of John and giving me a few extra points," smiled Hislop as he enjoyed his ninth victory, adding "it was comfortable, but I had a couple of slides, and also rode without my lap timer working which was a bit troublesome."

Reynolds upped the tempo at the start of the second race but Hislop was equal to him and was ahead by the end of the first lap and controlling the action from the front, took the victory by 0.398 second from his title rival, with Sean Emmett taking third place ahead of Haydon.

"That was good, just what I needed," said Hislop. "I expected John to have a go at me on the final lap and changed my line a bit, riding defensively." Reynolds confirmed, "It was a hard race but there was no chance of me catching him. It was racing is all about and I feel better for that race - the first one was a bit of a nightmare."

Shane Byrne took Privateer victory in race one, while Local-rider Lee Jackson claimed the Privateer win in the second race. Karl Harris took victory in the British Supersport action, ahead of John McGuiness. Dave Jeffries took his second successive victory in the Superstock race, while Richard Cooper enjoyed victory in the Junior British Superstock class. Casey Stoner again dominating the 125cc race to victory.