Virgin Mobile Yamaha R6 Cup racer Jon-Boy Lee became the fifth rider to claim a victory in the one-make series which supports the British Superbikes, as he converted his pole start to a convincing maiden win at Mallory Park.

Despite Winchester's James Hillier claiming the hole-shot, Lee wasted no time in snatching back the top slot on the opening lap. The youngest rider of the one-make series then went on to lead the field in a convincing fashion, opening up a ten-second gap by lap thirteen over a hard-charging Richard Wren.

"It's absolutely fantastic to win here," calimed the 17-year-old Lee. "Once I claimed the lead at Edwina's, I wasn't about to let it go and was determined to put as much space between myself and the rest of the field. I knew I had a fair lead by the time I came onto the back markers on lap fourteen and didn't want to throw it away in the final six laps, so I eased up just a little. I'm delighted with the result."

While Lee stamped his authority on the 22-lap race, the pace and action throughout the remainder of the field was as frenetic as ever.

Lowton-based Gareth Glynn enjoyed a strong battle with Trowbridge-based Victor Cox for second until he ran wide at the Hairpin and rejoined the field in tenth place.

Undeterred, he fought back and went on to claim his second podium finish with second place.

"I really think all my gym and fitness paid off today," commented Glynn. "That was real hard work but I just kept picking them off one by one. Although I went wide at the hairpin, it was early on in the race, so luckily I had time to make amends. It was tough though - my hands were so tired I could hardly open the champagne!"

Another delighted rider was the current series leader Richard Wren, who while battling on track was also busy laying some demons to rest.

The young rider suffered extensive injuries to his right hand in an accident at the Devil's Elbow section of the track in 2000 and was competing in his first competitive race at the venue since then. The London-based racer finished in third and extends his lead over James Hillier to 38 points.

"Job done!" exclaimed Wren. "I came here this weekend for two reasons, one to put more of gap between myself and James and two, to once again feel comfortable racing here. And with the result today I've have achieved both."

James Hillier, currently second in the overall standings, finished in eighth place and claimed another eight points.

The race also witnessed a return to form for Victor Cox, who claimed his best finish of the season in fourth, while a valiant Adam Jenkinson, who is currently suffering from a fractured pelvis, braved the pain barrier and completed thirteen laps of the 22-lap race.