Little more than 24 hours after his victory in the High Court, FIA president Max Mosley has revealed that he is to take further legal action against the News of the World after starting libel proceedings against the 'paper.

Mosley was awarded ?60,000 on Thursday after Mr Justice Eady ruled in his favour following his privacy action against the British tabloid for it's reporting of what was described as a 'Nazi-style sex orgy' with five prostitutes in a Chelsea flat.

In his summing up, Mr Justice Eady revealed that while Mosley was partly the architect of his own problems for allowing himself to be caught up the scandal, it didn't excuse the invasion into his private life - and said that there was no evidence to suggest that the gathering on 28 March 2008 was 'intended to be an enactment of Nazi behaviour or adoption of any of its attitudes. Nor was it in fact'.

Now, after his successful privacy claim, Mosley has revealed that he is to sue the News of the World for libel over articles it ran a week after the initial expos?, which claimed he had lied over the Nazi element of the incident.

"Max Mosley has today issued proceedings against the News of the World for libel," a statement issued by Mosley's legal team read. "Following his successful privacy claim, and the attempts by the editor and staff of the News of the World to devalue the outcome of that claim, Mr Mosley will now be pursuing a claim for damages and aggravated damages in relation to defamatory allegations in the 6 April edition of the News of the World."

In that edition, the 'paper carried an interview with the woman who had filmed the event - known in the High Court as Woman E - in which she claimed there was a Nazi theme to the incident.

With Mosley having denied the claim following the initial reports, the News of the World also ran a scathing editorial comment in which it claimed the 68-year-old was a liar for denying the Nazi claims and referred to him as a 'grotesque sexual deviant' with 'ethics in the gutter'.

However, the News of the World's defence in the privacy case collapsed when Woman E failed to appear in court and she has now denied that there had been any Nazi involvement in what happened; adding that she had been 'pressured' into putting her name to the story.

"No money is worth the sort of trouble and anguish it's caused everybody," she told Sky News. "I have been stupid, naive and I wish I'd never done it.

"It was prison uniforms because we were doing a German prison scene. But it wasn't Nazi. I constantly told them [the News of the World] that I didn't want to put my name to that. I would never have said it was Nazi - I would never have said he was a liar. There was lots in that second article that didn't come from me.

"I signed the article but I was put under massive pressure as I was told I would be put on the front cover and basically they would do a story on me anyway."