Ryuichi Kiyonari scored this third win of the weekend and secured his third British Superbike Championship at the same time for his HM Plant Honda team at the final round of the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship at Oulton Park.

When the lights went out it was Stuart Easton on the Swan Honda who jumped straight into the lead with Michael Laverty aboard the Relentless Suzuki chasing hard in second place. Laverty soon took the lead as Kiyo slotted into second place while Easton was relegated to third place in just half a lap. Easton's team-mate James Ellison also got in on the action pushing him further back to fourth.

Once in second Kiyo wasted no time in taking the top spot as he exited Britten's, and once in the lead he put his head down and started to gap the chasing pack. Gary Mason crashed his MSS Colchester Kawasaki at Druids on lap two and this crash brought out the safety car bunching everyone back up.

The safety car was on track for two laps and when it came in Michael Rutter on the Ridersmotorcycles.com Ducati decided to put a move on Easton pushing him wide on the exit of Island bend. This unsettled Easton for just a moment but it was enough to allow Josh Brookes to also pass the Flying Scott. As Easton was going backwards his team-mate Ellison was moving forward into second place at Lodge corner.

Ellison looked strong in second place until he clipped the back of Kiyo at Hizzy's and shot across the grass losing five places. Rutter who was now up to third place suffered a mechanical failure and had to pull out onto the grass. The order at the front was Kiyo from Laverty with Brookes chasing in third place. Brookes moved into second place on lap seven while Easton's day went from bad to worse as he was forced to retire on lap eight.

As the two HM Plant Hondas cruised round in first and second places the battle was still on for third place between Laverty and Ellison. Third place finally went to Ellison who put a very brave move on Laverty on the inside as they ran over the top of Clay Hill.

Kiyo picked up the title, Brookes finishes second overall and Tommy Hill on the Worx Crescent Suzuki had to settle for third place following his double crash in race two. Hill's team did a superb job rebuilding his bike in time for the final race of the day and he salvaged a fifth place finish.

The EVO title went to Steve Brogan on the Jentin BMW with Hudson Kennaugh on the Splitlath Aprilia in second place, and Gary Johnson on the AIM Suzuki claimed third place.

To see the race times in full, href="http://www.crash.net/bsb/results/164190/1/oulton_park__race_results_3.html">click here