Rich Energy has reaffirmed its commitment to the Haas Formula 1 team following a "regrettable" incident on the eve of the British Grand Prix.

A statement posted on social media on Wednesday ahead of this weekend's race claimed the British Energy drinks firm had terminated its title sponsorship deal with Haas.

But in a statement released by Rich Energy's shareholders on Thursday, the company said it will seek to "legally remove the individual" who posted the Tweet, adding the "rogue actions of one individual" did not represent the views of the firm. 

"The shareholders who own the majority of Rich Energy, would like to clarify certain statements that have been circulated in the media from an unauthorised source," a statement read. 
 
"We wholeheartedly believe in the Haas F1 Team, its performance, and the organisation as a whole and we are fully committed to the current sponsorship agreement in place. We also completely believe in the product of Formula 1 and the platform it offers our brand. 
 
"Clearly the rogue actions of one individual have caused great embarrassment. We are in the process of legally removing the individual from all executive responsibilities.

"They may speak for themselves but their views are not those of the company. The incident is very regrettable; we will not be making further comment on this commercially sensitive matter and will be concluding it behind closed doors.
 
"We wish to confirm our commitment to the Haas F1 Team, Formula 1 and to thank the Haas F1 Team for their support and patience whilst this matter is dealt with internally."

Haas team principal Guenther Steiner remained coy on the matter during his media call on Thursday and said he wanted to "avoid a war of words" over Rich Energy's original statement. 

The American squad had already issued a statement confirming Rich Energy remains the team's title partner, with its branding remaining on place on its hospitality buildings and F1 cars at Silverstone

 

Comments

Loading Comments...