Jack Harvey will enter his first full season in the NTT IndyCar Series in 2020 after his programme was announced by Meyer Shank Racing on Friday, complete with technical support from Andretti Autosport.

Harvey, 26, has enjoyed an ever-growing presence on the IndyCar grid since making his debut back in 2017, completing a 10-race programme with Meyer Shank Racing last year that yielded a first podium finish in the Indianapolis road course race.

But the Briton will now complete his first full campaign in IndyCar through 2020 after a deal was confirmed with Meyer Shank Racing that will see Andretti Autosport offer support via its technologies arm.

“This is the moment that we have all worked so extremely hard for. I am beyond grateful for this opportunity to go racing with Meyer Shank Racing, AutoNation and SiriusXM full-time,” Harvey said.

“We have shown we can be competitive, and I can’t wait to build on that and get started on another multi-year programme with this group. This is the first time in four years I’ll be competing full-time.”

“These last two years we have been taking the season in stride and really learning how to build our program to the point where we can run all 17 races,” said team co-owner Michael Shank.

“This year has been great and Jack has produced some spectacular results for us and we, as a team, are proud to have him back next year.

“We feel very strong about our partnership with Andretti Technologies and feel that will be a mutually beneficial programme.

“Announcing our full season effort is a combination of a ton of work behind the scenes from our sponsors to our individual crew members, and it’s great to finally announce our full season schedule for next year in IndyCar.”

The 2020 IndyCar season gets underway with the Grand Prix of St Petersburg on March 15.

 

Comments

Loading Comments...